Working in Team Phoenix, an agile development team in a department of 5 teams, this role reports to the Team Leader. You will be working closely with other team members to write outstanding code to implement new features in our award winning affiliate marketing platform.
You will be a passionate and innovative technologist within a pro-active test focused approach to development and will gain exposure to the latest development practices and toolsets within an interactive and fun development environment.
Key responsibilities within this role include:
· Working with distributed systems using Hadoop services on a daily basis
· Exposure to BDD, TDD practices
· Code development, refactoring and innovation
· build new products and help shape development technologies and practices
· Helping re-engineer and continuously improve existing applications
· To work with new technologies and be encouraged to experiment and innovate
· Build great user experiences
· To grapple with business logic and help solve business needs
As an engineer, you will:
· Work inside a small scrum team with a well described and groomed product backlog and be comfortable with agile methodologies and practices
· Develop code and contribute to retrospectives, planning and development sessions
· Contribute to group development initiatives and discussions
· Troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely fashion when required
· Communicate effectively in both verbal (day-to-day discussions, team meetings) and written forms (documentation, emails, communication tools) with local and remote team members
· Whilst the above is a guide to general expectation of the role, we expect this position to evolve allowing you greater scope to gain both knowledge and experience within the online and affiliate market place.
Skills & Expertise
To be successful you will need to meet the below requirements.
You will be willing to learn and should have a proactive attitude and work ethic
You will be open minded to trying new technologies
A proven track record with Java
A passion for writing elegant code and a desire to constantly refactor and improve, with a good understanding of OOP and TDD
Display a history of creativity, innovative thought, awareness of current technical trends and high levels of motivation
Knowledge of at least one Relational Database Management System (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server etc.)
Knowledge of a Version Control System (Git, Subversion, Mercurial)
Strong written and verbal communication
The following are also desirable:
Experience using Continuous Integration (CI) tools such as Jenkins, Travis, etc.
Experience with caching solutions (Memcache, Redis, etc.)
Experience with Continuous Delivery or Continuous Deployment
Contributions to open source code or projects
Exposure to BDD
Part of the Axel Springer group, Awin is a global affiliate network. With 15 offices worldwide, 900 employees, 100,000 contributing publishers and 6,000 advertisers, Awin connects customers with brands in over 180 countries around the globe. Operating across the retail, telecommunications, travel and finance verticals, Awin generated €6.2 billion in revenue for its advertisers and €377 million for its publishers in the last financial year
If you are interested in joining Awin please apply online. apply now