The Assistant Accountant will work closely with the rest of the Financial Operations team to keep the company’s financial records up to date and amongst other tasks to help produce weekly and monthly management reports.
· Accurate calculation and production of monthly sales invoices for the UK and US businesses and distribution to merchants in line with their expectations.
· Assist with producing a month-end pack and accounts reports for Finance Director’s review and sign off.
· Posting journals into accounting software AX Dynamics.
· Creation of sophisticated but easy-to-use spreadsheets to achieve efficiencies in daily reporting.
· Inter-company account transactions.
· Commentary on I/S, B/S and revenue movements on a monthly basis.
· Providing weekly sales reports reflecting performance by program, merchant and publisher.
· Monthly reconciliation of invoicing against online platform.
· Multi-currency bank reconciliations.
· Production of the weekly cashflow report.
· Ownership of bank reconciling items account.
· Any adhoc query resolution or report creation from internal and external customers.
· Running adhoc reports and analysis.
· Assist with producing the monthly board reports and analysis surrounding it.
· Producing the quarterly New Business Performance Report
Skills & Expertise
· Advanced Microsoft Excel user with an analytical background of spreadsheets. Also proficient in Outlook and Word.
· Strong debit and credit knowledge.
· Competent standard in the use of computerised financial systems such as Sage 200.
· Numerate with demonstrable problem solving skills.
· Proactive approach to dealing with business issues, ability to drive continued improvement through accurate data analysis.
· Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
· Good interpersonal skills with ability to create good working relationships with Account Managers and Senior Management across the business.
· Proven attention to detail with a high level of quality control within their work.
· Able to work on own initiative and able to persuade and influence others.
· Be able to demonstrate initiative, be self-motivating with strong organisation skills and an ability to prioritise work and meet operational and financial deadlines.
Part of the Axel Springer group, Awin is a global affiliate network and the new name for Affiliate Window and zanox. With 15 offices worldwide, 900 employees, 100,000 contributing publishers and 6,000 advertisers, Awin connects customers with brands in over 180 countries around the globe. Operating across the retail, telecommunications, travel and finance verticals, Awin generated €6.2 billion in revenue for its advertisers and €377 million for its publishers in the last financial year.
If you are interested in joining Awin please apply online. apply now