Forming an integral part of the Human Resources team, the Compensation Specialist will be responsible for providing timely and accurate end-to-end management of our payroll and benefits administration for the UK and US offices of Awin, including onboarding and offboarding of employees, changes in status and employment details and managing and coordinating the paperwork associated with these changes.
This busy and dynamic role will be responsible for reviewing our salary benchmarking data, providing advice on salary bands and compensation strategies as well as reviewing our benefits offering and ensuring that we’re leading the market in terms of our overall compensation offering. Acting as a super-user on the HR and Payroll systems, the Compensation Specialist will be responsible for ensuring that the data is complete, accurate and updated in a timely fashion.
Key responsibilities within this superb role include:
Managing the UK and US payroll processes
· Liaising with the HR, Talent Acquisition and management teams on monthly changes to payroll, including new starters, leavers, and changes to existing terms and conditions, applying these to our payroll and HR systems, and producing the associated confirmation paperwork.
· Ensuring that payroll is accurately and efficiently processed, meeting the bi-weekly (US) and monthly (UK) deadlines.
· Ensuring compliance with current legislation with respect to payroll and benefits.
· Ensuring proper procedures with regards to all authorisations on changes are adhered to.
· Consulting and supporting management and employees on UK and US tax and payroll queries.
· Providing monthly, quarterly and annual reporting on payroll activities, on request.
Administering and managing the benefits package
· Managing the full benefits package administration for the UK and US, liaising with external providers where appropriate, to ensure the accurate and timely administration of starters, leavers and changes to benefit arrangements.
· Creating a strategy for the regular communication and promotion of the benefits available to employees to ensure awareness and maximum participation.
· Acting as the point of contact for in-coming benefits queries.
· Providing monthly, quarterly and annual reporting on benefits activities, on request.
· Leading the annual renewal of all benefits programmes, ensuring competitive rates and terms are secured.
· Remaining up-to-date on trends in reward and compensation, and making recommendations to the business on optimisations and enhancements.
Tax and Filing responsibilities
· Acting as the HR point of contact during the annual audit processes, liaising with the external auditors and Finance team to ensure all obligations are met.
· Managing the annual P11D preparation, ensuring that our filing duties are met with accurate and complete information with respect to taxable benefits provided to staff.
· Supporting the Head of Human Resources and Head of Finance in the ongoing review of our existing payroll and benefits systems and processes, making recommendations and changes where applicable to ensure a continued evolution and enhancement of the service we offer.
· Providing salary benchmarking, analysis and recommendations to Heads of Department and Directors to ensure that salaries remain in line with market trends and consistent across the business
Whilst the above is a guide to general expectation of the role, we expect this position to evolve allowing you greater scope to gain both knowledge and experience within the online and affiliate market place.
Skills & Expertise
Experience using HR and Payroll systems.
Comprehensive knowledge of payroll processing and a strong understanding of legal requirements, deductions and payments.
Experience working with US payroll beneficial.
Excellent Microsoft Office skills, especially MS Excel.
Ability to clearly communicate payroll and benefits information to laypeople.
Highly organised and able to effectively multi-task and prioritise workload.
Impeccable attention to detail.
Innovative with the ability to review existing processes and workflows, making recommendations as required.
Highly discreet and experience dealing with confidential information.
Good negotiation skills and commercial awareness.
Prior experience working in a digital or media company beneficial.
You will be expected to have good understanding of affiliate marketing is and what we do in the industry for any role within Awin.
Part of the Axel Springer group, Awin is a global affiliate network and the new name for Affiliate Window and zanox. With 15 offices worldwide, 900 employees, 100,000 contributing publishers and 6,000 advertisers, Awin connects customers with brands in over 180 countries around the globe. Operating across the retail, telecommunications, travel and finance verticals, Awin generated €6.2 billion in revenue for its advertisers and €377 million for its publishers in the last financial year.
If you are interested in joining Awin please apply online. apply now