Team Penguin are looking for a Senior Software Engineer specialising in front end development to increase both the skill and quality levels within the team. The successful candidate will be taking an active role during planning and will be mentoring other members of the team. The Engineering Department has recently evolved in to a new Service Oriented Team structure and towards a Service Oriented Architecture strategy, so the ability to help mould the team in this new environment will be important.
· Engineering designs to a high quality.
· Code development, refactoring and innovation.
· Building new products and helping to shape development processes and practices.
· Helping to re-engineer and continuously improve existing applications.
· Working with new technologies and encouraging colleagues to experiment and innovate.
· Contributing to group developments and initiatives.
· Working as part of a Kanban team with a well described and groomed product backlog using agile methodologies and practices.
· Analysing applications and helping to create new stories for the product backlog.
Skills & Expertise
· Experience in the use of Angular or React
· Knowledge of JS testing environments such as Karma and Jasmine.
· Experience of build tools such as Gulp, Grunt, webpack
· Experience of CSS pre-processors such as SASS and LESS
· Strong HTML5 skills and experience in the use of Twitter Bootstrap.
· Experience of delivering cross browser compatible applications.
· Knowledge and experience of version control using Git.
· Ability to follow sprint/project plans and meet commitments.
· The ability to implement user journeys based on instructions and HTML markup provided by a designer/UX specialist.
· A passion for writing elegant code and a desire to constantly re-factor and improve, with a strong understanding of OO programming.
· Experience of PHP or Java and related frameworks
Part of the Axel Springer group, Awin is a global affiliate network and the new name for Affiliate Window and zanox. With 15 offices worldwide, 900 employees, 100,000 contributing publishers and 6,000 advertisers, Awin connects customers with brands in over 180 countries around the globe. Operating across the retail, telecommunications, travel and finance verticals, Awin generated €6.2 billion in revenue for its advertisers and €377 million for its publishers in the last financial year.
If you are interested in joining Awin please apply online. apply now